Call for A-Team Business Development Manager
We’re looking to expand our team with a dynamic sales leader who can identify business opportunities in new and existing client accounts to help our business achieve sustainable growth and strengthen our position in the market as a governance-driven professional IT services company.
Important things you need to know
What we do
We help our clients achieve confidence in their digital information by doing five things (quite well according to our clients):
- Reduce Risk (through IT Security)
- Increase Efficiency (through Advanced IT Infrastructure)
- Operate Intelligently (through Managed Services)
- Improve Consistency (through Corporate Governance)
- Empower Expertise (through the AVeS Training Academy)
What we believe
We live by 4 core organisational values that are:
- When we say you are important, it means that we’re not your run-of-the-mill employer. We base relationships on teamwork, treat people with dignity and respect, don’t fixate on job titles, care about people’s personal growth and promote collaboration through a flat organisational structure. At AVeS, you are important.
- Know your role suggest competence, chyouch is one side of the coin (we’ll get to other side a bit later). You have a unique and complementary role to fulfil within the team, and that gives you the responsibility to live your potential. We believe that continuous learning breeds both inner confidence and actionable know-how, and make training part of our company culture.
- Within your role in our A-Team, you make a difference. Your role allows you to expand your responsibilities and have a measurable impact on the daily business processes and success. We like people who show initiative, take responsibility and consistently build up the team to be great.
- And lastly, the other side of the coin asks you to enjoy the journey. Attitude matters as it fuels motivation and happiness in the workplace. People within our team have a passion for what they do. We live in an exciting technology renaissance, and strive to make the most of it. We may not be Google, but we are continually inspired by them.
The kind of people we would like to expand the team with are people who
- Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
- Have a keen attention to detail and pride in delivering high quality work, fast.
- Seek growth in their technical abilities, analytical and creative entrepreneurial thinking, as well as communication and business relationship building skills.
- Are excited by the opportunities made possible by the world of technology.
- Want to make their mark in the technology and business world by building long-term business relationship.
What you will do
You will work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximise revenue for our company. More specifically, you will work closely with the Infrastructure Sales Director. Here’s how:
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between clients' decision makers and our company’s subject matter experts.
- Strategically plan sales approaches and pitches to prospective / existing clients.
- Work with the A-team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying and emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately and ethically.
- Present an image that represents the best of our company, the A-Team.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing client relationships to ensure that they remain satisfied with and positive about our services to them.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to exceed customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on both current and future market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid- and senior-level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop our unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports to internal management and external partners (where applicable) and ensure data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensure that data is entered and managed accurately and timeously within the company’s CRM and our partners' sales management systems (such as Microsoft's Partner Sales Connect, etc.).
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing and accounting staff to ensure that pre-requisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand and live-out our company’s goal, purpose and values.
Qualifications and Experience
Mandatory (and minimum) skills requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English, other languages are advantageous).
- Excellent work ethic: detail-oriented, energetic, get-things-done attitude and take responsibility to deliver positive results beyond expectations.
- Solid proficiency in computer literacy and Microsoft Office 2016.
- Customer-centric internal service delivery skills and ability to build productive, growth-focused business relationships.
- Ability to travel to work and to clients (we are situated near Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg).
- Minimum 3-5 years' sales or strategic business development experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in Office 365 (SharePoint Online).