Call for A-Team Information Designer
We’re looking to expand our team with a visual storyteller who has a passion for the role of design in business.
Suggested Start Date: As soon as possible
Important things you need to know
What we do
We make business better by doing five things (and by listening to our clients, it seems like we are doing them quite well):
- Reduce Risk (through IT Security)
- Increase Efficiency (through Advanced IT Infrastructure)
- Improve Consistency (through Corporate Governance)
- Empower Expertise (through the AVeS Training Academy)
- Boost Revenue (through CRM, a.k.a. Client Relationship Management*)
We have recently started building mobile apps for clients and partners, including Microsoft itself.
What we believe
We live our four core organisational values that are:
- When we say you are important, it means that we’re not your run-of-the-mill employer. We base relationships on teamwork, treat people with dignity and respect, don’t fixate on job titles, care about people’s personal growth and promote collaboration through a flat organisational structure. At AVeS, you are important.
- Know your role suggests competence, which is one side of the coin (we’ll get to other side a bit later). You have a unique and complementary role to fulfil within the team, and that gives you the responsibility to live your potential. We believe that continuous learning breeds both inner confidence and actionable know-how, and make training part of our company culture.
- Within your role in our A-Team, you make a difference. Your role allows you to expand your responsibilities and have a measurable impact on the daily business processes and success.
- And lastly, the other side of the coin asks you to enjoy the journey. Attitude matters as it fuels motivation and happiness in the workplace. People within our team have a passion for what they do. We live in an exciting technology renaissance, and strive to make the most of it. We may not be Google, but we are continually inspired by them.
The kind of people we would like to expand the team with are people who
- Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
- Have a keen attention to detail and pride in their work.
- Seek growth in their technical abilities, and analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Are excited by the opportunities opened up by the world of technology.
- Achievement orientated, deadline driven and is fast and efficient.
- Customer service excellence orientated.
- Want to make their mark in the business world.
What you will do
You will work closely with the Brand Manager to build the AVeS brand by applying your “design thinking” mind. Here’s how:
- Conceptualise and develop marketing campaigns
- Design digital assets for our online store
- Craft visual communication material for AVeS events and PR
- Be one of our internal innovation ambassadors
- Corporate Identity development
- Web design (html and css knowledge is beneficial, but not mandatory)
- Use the design process to complete Infographics and Animations
- Photography and video editing
- App development (visual development and wireframing, you don’t need to know the back-end stuff)
Qualifications and Experience
- BA ID (or similar) degree
- In-depth working knowledge of Adobe CS6 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Knowledge of Premiere Pro and After Effects is beneficial
- Ability to travel to work (we are situated near Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg)
- Demonstrable, strong art direction and copywriting skills (design portfolio required on application)
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- No previous work experience required