Call for A-Team IT Governance & Operations Manager
We’re looking to expand our team with a customer- and quality-focused team player who thrives on practical continuous improvement to help our business achieve sustainable growth and strengthen our position in the market as a governance-driven professional IT services company.
Important things you need to know
What we do
We help our clients achieve confidence in their digital information by doing six things (quite well according to our clients):
- Reduce Risk (through IT Security)
- Increase Efficiency (through Advanced IT Infrastructure)
- Operate Intelligently (through Managed Services)
- Improve Consistency (through Corporate Governance)
- Empower Expertise (through the AVeS Training Academy)
- Boost Revenue (through Business Application Development)
What we believe
We live by 4 core organisational values that are:
- When we say you are important, it means that we’re not your run-of-the-mill employer. We base relationships on teamwork, treat people with dignity and respect, don’t fixate on job titles, care about people’s personal growth and promote collaboration through a flat organisational structure. At AVeS, you are important.
- Know your role suggest competence, which is one side of the coin (we’ll get to other side a bit later). You have a unique and complementary role to fulfil within the team, and that gives you the responsibility to live your potential. We believe that continuous learning breeds both inner confidence and actionable know-how, and make training part of our company culture.
- Within your role in our A-Team, you make a difference. Your role allows you to expand your responsibilities and have a measurable impact on the daily business processes and success. We like people who show initiative, take responsibility and consistently build up the team to be great.
- And lastly, the other side of the coin asks you to enjoy the journey. Attitude matters as it fuels motivation and happiness in the workplace. People within our team have a passion for what they do. We live in an exciting technology renaissance and strive to make the most of it. We may not be Google, but we are continually inspired by them.
The kind of people we would like to expand the team with are people who
- Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
- Have a keen attention to detail and pride in delivering high-quality work, fast.
- Seek growth in their technical abilities, analytical and creative entrepreneurial thinking, as well as communication and business relationship building skills.
- Are excited by the opportunities made possible by the world of technology.
- Want to make their mark in the technology and business world by building long-term business relationships.
What you will do
You will work closely with the Corporate Governance General Manager ensure that our clients' IT governance and operations are aligned to their business requirements in the following areas of their business:
- Infrastructure (Servers and Network) and Hardware
- Software and Applications
- Helpdesk and Desktop Support
- Service Level Agreements, Supplier Management and Staff Management
- Develop and implement organisational strategies, policies, procedures, forms, checklists and as-built documents for clients.
- Provide input for strategic IT planning, including technical guidance and application support for all locations, to ensure alignment with business needs.
- Create, implement and manage the IT Operations policies and processes for core services, including but not limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, Release and Deployment Management, to identify, remediate and resolve all operational incidents, within established service levels, to ensure optimal business benefit.
- Manage and develop the IT Operations team (help desk, Group IT Managers and application operations staff) to ensure efficient and effective operations and excellent customer service.
- Develop, communicate, and enforce company IT policies, standards and procedures, to the IT operations team, to ensure alignment and consistency.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of availability, performance, compliance and costs of applications and infrastructure in production, including support in the event of interruptions in service (restoration of service) and break/fix support in the event of outright service failures to meet availability, performance and communication commitments.
- Manage the coordination, setup, maintenance and/or teardowns of business/technology projects, with the IT Operations team, to realize project objectives.
- Manage user satisfaction requirements and oversee the management of application-specific production support processes, coordinating the involvement of business and/or IT development resources in problem resolution as necessary.
- Implement IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices for service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of the business.
- Assist with the financials, (including budgeting, cost analysis and forecasting) for SLA’s, for each service, to ensure suitable investments are made.
- Provide guidance to Business Unit management to determine future IT needs at the location, enterprise initiatives, budgets, forecasts, licensing and asset rotation to ensure profitability and alignment with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Provide overall planning and coordination for service transition activities to ensure that new or changed services are built, tested, and deployed into production as per the business requirements, with minimum risk and impact to business services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree, Diploma or Certification in any of the following: Computers, Infrastructure and/or Security Related Curriculum e.g. COBIT 5, ISO 27001, CISM, MCSE, etc. will be an added advantage
- Good background knowledge of IT Governance, Infrastructure, Information Security and/or IT Operations Management.
- Experience in Service Provider Contract Management, Organisational Effectiveness and Operations Management implementing best practices, as well as budget development and oversight.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in IT.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English, other languages are advantageous).
- Excellent work ethic: ambitious, growth-focused, energetic, get-things-done-on-time attitude and take responsibility to deliver positive results beyond expectations.
- High EQ: Ability to manage diverse teams effectively, challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation with persuasive facts, and approach situations from several points-of-view with a balance between assertiveness and flexibility.
- Solid proficiency in computer literacy and Microsoft Office 2016.
- Customer-centric skills and ability to build productive, growth-focused business relationships.
- Ability to travel to work and to clients (we are situated near Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg).
- Knowledge of and working experience in the suite of Office 365 applications.