Call for A-Team Media Communications Liaison
We’re looking to expand our team with a tech-savvy writer / dynamic graduate who has a passion for technology and talent for eloquent storytelling in a business environment.
Important things you need to know
What we do
We help our clients achieve confidence in their digital information by doing five things (quite well according to our clients):
- Reduce Risk (through IT Security)
- Increase Efficiency (through Advanced IT Infrastructure)
- Improve Consistency (through Corporate Governance)
- Empower Expertise (through the AVeS Training Academy)
- Boost Revenue (through CRM, a.k.a. Client Relationship Management)
What we believe
We live by 4 core organisational values that are:
- When we say you are important, it means that we’re not your run-of-the-mill employer. We base relationships on teamwork, treat people with dignity and respect, don’t fixate on job titles, care about people’s personal growth and promote collaboration through a flat organisational structure. At AVeS, you are important.
- Know your role suggest competence, chyouch is one side of the coin (we’ll get to other side a bit later). You have a unique and complementary role to fulfil within the team, and that gives you the responsibility to live your potential. We believe that continuous learning breeds both inner confidence and actionable know-how, and make training part of our company culture.
- Within your role in our A-Team, you make a difference. Your role allows you to expand your responsibilities and have a measurable impact on the daily business processes and success. We like people who show initiative, take responsibility and consistently build up the team to be great.
- And lastly, the other side of the coin asks you to enjoy the journey. Attitude matters as it fuels motivation and happiness in the workplace. People within our team have a passion for what they do. We live in an exciting technology renaissance, and strive to make the most of it. We may not be Google, but we are continually inspired by them.
The kind of people we would like to expand the team with are people who
- Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
- Have a keen attention to detail and pride in delivering high quality work, fast.
- Seek growth in their technical abilities, analytical and creative entrepreneurial thinking, as well as communication and business relationship building skills.
- Are excited by the opportunities made possible by the world of technology.
- Want to make their mark in the technology and business world by building long-term business relationship.
What you will do
You will work closely with the Brand Manager to deliver high-quality case studies, technology blog articles and written content for digital marketing campaigns. Here’s how:
- Brainstorm, research, interview, write, liaise, report and improve on WOW content on-time, every time, that build AVeS’ brand equity and encourage positive word-of-mouth from existing to prospective clients:
- Brainstorm: Collaborate with internal teams and industry partners on developing ideas and implementation strategies to create engagement on social media and other digital platforms using content. Craft AVeS’ PR & social media approach (incl. goals, objectives, strategies, evaluation tools, distribution channels, etc.)
- Research: Stay up-to-date with technology news and conversations, AVeS partners’ news and product developments, as well as international copywriting and digital marketing trends. Research client profiles and collect information on projects before conducting media interviews with clients. You will also collaborate with engineers and product specialists to gain an understanding of the changing technology-milieu, product features, technical specifications, and benefits of use to create content for projects and campaigns.
- Interview: Conduct video interviews with identified clients for case studies and testimonials. These interviews will be used in conjunction with the written case studies.
- Write: You will conceptualise, design, and produce B2B media (digital & print) assets that communicate complex technical constructs and concepts to a general audience. All written content, such as pitches, press releases, announcements, case studies, blog articles, and marketing campaigns’ content (amongst others) must engage and inform readers of our value proposition and directly/indirectly generate revenue. You will have to ensure that all digital communications speak our brand’s language while having the ability to adapt a message to specific audiences.
- Liaise: Act as a media liaison on behalf of AVeS with clients or media agencies and disseminate updated media assets to internal and external stakeholders.
- Report: Report on the performance of AVeS’, competitors’ and benchmarked content on digital platforms against our PR/Social Media goals, objectives, strategies, evaluation tools, etc. Analyse competitor and customer data in an effort to focus writing on profitable, relationship-building activities.
- Improve: Improve AVeS’ PR & social media plans and performance. Collaborate with internal stakeholders, industry representatives, and subject matter experts in developing new service offerings and communication tactics. In the end, this role is directly responsible for defending AVeS’ brand identity and growing AVeS’ brand equity.
Qualifications and Experience
Mandatory (and minimum) skills requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications.
- Proven knowledge of and experience in technology-specific media writing (experience includes internships).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning, spelling, use of words, rules of composition, and grammar (other languages are advantageous).
- Excellent research skills (desktop and in-person).
- Excellent work ethic: energetic, get-things-done attitude and take responsibility to deliver positive results beyond expectations.
- Solid proficiency in computer literacy and Microsoft Office 2013.
- Customer-centric sales skills and ability to build productive, growth-focused business relationships.
- Ability to travel to work and to clients (we are situated near Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg).
- Ad hoc availability for evening functions during weekdays.
- Project Management and Team Leading experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in Content Marketing.
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Knowledge of and experience in Office 365 (SharePoint Online).
Interested in becoming part of the A-Team?
We’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV, portfolio and cover letter (MAX 150 words on what makes you A-Team quality) to us using our careers form.
Your portfolio should that showcase your creative writing ability and superior English writing, editing and composition skills.