Call for A-Team Project Delivery Consultant
We’re looking to expand our team with a vibrant technical individual who can design and implement intelligent infrastructure solutions for our clients.
Important things you need to know
What we do
We help our clients achieve confidence in their digital information by doing five things (quite well according to our clients):
- Reduce Risk (through IT Security)
- Increase Efficiency (through Advanced IT Infrastructure)
- Operate Intelligently (through Managed Services)
- Improve Consistency (through Corporate Governance)
- Empower Expertise (through the AVeS Training Academy)
What we believe
We live by 4 core organisational values that are:
- When we say you are important, it means that we’re not your run-of-the-mill employer. We base relationships on teamwork, treat people with dignity and respect, don’t fixate on job titles, care about people’s personal growth and promote collaboration through a flat organisational structure. At AVeS, you are important.
- Know your role suggest competence, chyouch is one side of the coin (we’ll get to other side a bit later). You have a unique and complementary role to fulfil within the team, and that gives you the responsibility to live your potential. We believe that continuous learning breeds both inner confidence and actionable know-how, and make training part of our company culture.
- Within your role in our A-Team, you make a difference. Your role allows you to expand your responsibilities and have a measurable impact on the daily business processes and success. We like people who show initiative, take responsibility and consistently build up the team to be great.
- And lastly, the other side of the coin asks you to enjoy the journey. Attitude matters as it fuels motivation and happiness in the workplace. People within our team have a passion for what they do. We live in an exciting technology renaissance, and strive to make the most of it. We may not be Google, but we are continually inspired by them.
The kind of people we would like to expand the team with are people who
- Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
- Have a keen attention to detail and pride in delivering high quality work, fast.
- Seek growth in their technical abilities, analytical and creative entrepreneurial thinking, as well as communication and business relationship building skills.
- Are excited by the opportunities made possible by the world of technology.
- Want to make their mark in the technology and business world by building long-term business relationship.
What you will do
You will work closely with the Project Delivery Manager and other Project Delivery Consultants to organise the delivery effort of client projects. Here’s how:
- Creation, maintenance and control of project documentation, including the production of regular project status reports
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project, including the setting and management of client expectations while identifying and minimising potential areas of “scope creep”
- Review deliverables prepared by the project team before delivery to clients
- Facilitate and prepare for team and client meetings, including production and deliver presentations where required
- Project commercial control and margin maintenance, identify additional business opportunities and prepare client quotations and progress as appropriate
- Design technical client solutions and project deliverables in line with international best practices such as the Microsoft Skills Framework and Microsoft Operations Framework.
You will also be responsible for staff development and training, which includes:
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of changes in the technology infrastructure industry, especially technical and technological changes, such as keeping your certifications current (N-1).
- Where clients have specific technical or technological requirements, you may be required to take up internal training sessions under the advice of the client to attain Subject Matter Expertise as it relates to your role.
- Attend internal and external training and/or knowledge transfer sessions to assist in your advancement as well as interaction with the infrastructure and other teams.
Qualifications and Experience
Mandatory (and minimum) skills requirements:
- Microsoft Certification (Must have an MCP ID)
- Deep subject matter expertise in the core Microsoft Application stack, specifically:
- Microsoft System Center Suite of Applications
- Microsoft Virtualisation
- Microsoft Identity Management
- Microsoft Unified Collaboration and Messaging
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure Stack
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Microsoft Operations Management Suite
- Proven current project delivery/management experience (5+ years)
- Ability to manage complex (multi-site) projects
- Understand the products and services provided by AVeS Cyber Security’s other lines of business and are able to integrate the infrastructure team’s offer with those of other lines of business.
- Demonstrated track record applying domain expertise in both delivery and sales of large-scale services to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English, other languages are advantageous).
- Excellent work ethic: detail-oriented, energetic, get-things-done attitude and take responsibility to deliver positive results beyond expectations.
- Solid proficiency in computer literacy and Microsoft Office 2016.
- Customer-centric internal service delivery skills and ability to build productive, growth-focused business relationships.
- Ability to travel to work (we are situated near Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg, our clients are situated across Southern Africa).
- Other vendor-specific certifications (Dell, EMC, Cisco, etc.