Call for A-Team Security Engineer
Applications Closing Date: 13 April 2018
We’re looking to expand our team with a vibrant technical individual who can maintain and implement intelligent security solutions for our clients.
Important things you need to know
What we do
We help our clients achieve confidence in their digital information by doing five things (quite well according to our clients):
- Reduce Risk (through IT Security)
- Increase Efficiency (through Advanced IT Infrastructure)
- Operate Intelligently (through Managed Services)
- Improve Consistency (through Corporate Governance)
- Empower Expertise (through the AVeS Training Academy)
- Boost Revenue (through Business Application Development)
What we believe
We live by 4 core organisational values that are:
- When we say you are important, it means that we’re not your run-of-the-mill employer. We base relationships on teamwork, treat people with dignity and respect, don’t fixate on job titles, care about people’s personal growth and promote collaboration through a flat organisational structure. At AVeS, you are important.
- Know your role suggest competence, chyouch is one side of the coin (we’ll get to other side a bit later). You have a unique and complementary role to fulfil within the team, and that gives you the responsibility to live your potential. We believe that continuous learning breeds both inner confidence and actionable know-how, and make training part of our company culture.
- Within your role in our A-Team, you make a difference. Your role allows you to expand your responsibilities and have a measurable impact on the daily business processes and success. We like people who show initiative, take responsibility and consistently build up the team to be great.
- And lastly, the other side of the coin asks you to enjoy the journey. Attitude matters as it fuels motivation and happiness in the workplace. People within our team have a passion for what they do. We live in an exciting technology renaissance, and strive to make the most of it. We may not be Google, but we are continually inspired by them.
The kind of people we would like to expand the team with are people who
- Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
- Have a keen attention to detail and pride in delivering high-quality work, fast.
- Seek growth in their technical abilities, analytical and creative entrepreneurial thinking, as well as communication and business relationship building skills.
- Are excited by the opportunities made possible by the world of technology.
- Want to make their mark in the technology and business world by building the long-term business relationship.
What you will do
You will work closely with the Lead Security Architect and other Security Consultants to organise the delivery effort of client projects. Here’s how:
The Security Engineer will be assigned to a client for a period of 12-months. He/she will work with the end-user to define the specific daily activities, which include but are not limited to:
- Assisting end user operations staff with technical support on Fortinet products
- Network security design
- Developing methods of procedure (MOPs) for migrations, upgrades and updates
- Developing of test plans
- Testing new features and/or new FortiOS releases
- Verifying FortiGate configurations and implementing best practices per end user policies
- Performing interoperability evaluation of devices that interact with Fortinet products.
- Delivering general knowledge transfer to end user staff.
- Be able to travel domestically and international as needed
- Staff Development and Training
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of changes in the technology infrastructure industry, especially technical and technological changes, such as keeping your certifications current
- Where clients have specific technical or technological requirements, you may be required to take up internal training sessions under the advice of the client to attain Subject Matter Expertise as it relates to your role.
- Attend internal and external training and/or knowledge transfer sessions to assist in your advancement as well as interaction with the infrastructure and other teams.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Matric
- 3+ Years’ experience in LAN/WAN/Internet Support or Administration
- Solid understanding of general security and networking principals and technologies such as:
- Switching, Routeing and the OSI model
- Firewalls, VPN, Anti-Virus and Content Filtering
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Strong general knowledge of common networking and security protocols and applications such as:
- TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS, IPSec, PKI, OSPF, RIP, VLANs
- Well Developed and Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability and competence to write technical material for training, white papers using applications such as PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle confrontation when necessary.
- A+ , N+ , IT diploma – an advantage
- 3+ Years experience with Network Security Products – Fortigate, Sonicwall an advantage
- Vendor specific Certification (DELL, EMC, CISCO ECT..)