Call for A-Team Training & Events Coordinator
We’re looking to expand our team with a go-getter training and events coordinator who has a passion for empowering people in business.
Important things you need to know
What we do
We help our clients achieve confidence in their digital information by doing five things (quite well according to our clients):
- Reduce Risk (through IT Security)
- Increase Efficiency (through Advanced IT Infrastructure)
- Improve Consistency (through Corporate Governance)
- Empower Expertise (through the AVeS Training Academy)
- Boost Revenue (through CRM, a.k.a. Client Relationship Management)
What we believe
We live by 4 core organisational values that are:
- When we say you are important, it means that we’re not your run-of-the-mill employer. We base relationships on teamwork, treat people with dignity and respect, don’t fixate on job titles, care about people’s personal growth and promote collaboration through a flat organisational structure. At AVeS, you are important.
- Know your role suggest competence, chyouch is one side of the coin (we’ll get to other side a bit later). You have a unique and complementary role to fulfil within the team, and that gives you the responsibility to live your potential. We believe that continuous learning breeds both inner confidence and actionable know-how, and make training part of our company culture.
- Within your role in our A-Team, you make a difference. Your role allows you to expand your responsibilities and have a measurable impact on the daily business processes and success. We like people who show initiative, take responsibility and consistently build up the team to be great.
- And lastly, the other side of the coin asks you to enjoy the journey. Attitude matters as it fuels motivation and happiness in the workplace. People within our team have a passion for what they do. We live in an exciting technology renaissance, and strive to make the most of it. We may not be Google, but we are continually inspired by them.
We would like to expand our A-Team with are people who
- Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
- Have a keen attention to detail and pride in delivering high quality work, fast.
- Seek growth in their technical abilities, analytical and creative entrepreneurial thinking, as well as communication and business relationship building skills.
- Are excited by the opportunities made possible by the world of technology.
- Want to make their mark in the technology and business world by building long-term business relationship.
Life of a Training & Events Coordinator
Our Training & Events Coordinator will work closely with the Brand Manager to deliver high-quality customer experiences relating to the company’s training offering and corporate events. Here’s how:
- Brainstorm, initiate, plan, organise, deliver, report and improve on WOW events on-time, every time, that build AVeS’ brand equity and encourage positive word-of-mouth from existing to prospective clients.
- Brainstorm: Know which events are available when and where in Southern Africa, focusing on South Africa (Johannesburg, Cape Town).
- Initiate: Initiate business development conversations with clients to identify their training needs through knowledge- and skills-gap assessments and to ensure fit-for-purpose training solutions. Developing your business confidence and communication skills will remain important throughout your journey at AVeS.
- Plan: Schedule entire year’s events and plan all components, with costing, by building on the organisation’s annual marketing plan. Proactivity is key in this role, especially regarding the promotion, publication and direct communication of available training opportunities and corporate events to the the various stakeholders. Maintain an updated curriculum database and training records on our systems to remain visible to the various relevant stakeholders.
- Organise: Organise facilities, prepare and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, accommodation, invitee list, invitee communication and reminders, equipment, promotional material, gifts, etc. You might also need to schedule meetings between clients, suppliers and involved AVeS team members from time-to-time. Log, track and fulfil client training leads and opportunities on our Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Deliver: Amazing customer experience is what we’re after, so collect those client testimonials. Where applicable, proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day. You must be able to answer FAQs, clarify details of the training courses, know where to find information on any of our training courses, know how to navigate and explain how to use online portals, and retrieve digital courseware on behalf of clients.
- Report: Collect, process and assign cross- or up-selling opportunities from training and other corporate events. Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations to report on event outcomes and improve on events’ efficacy and efficiency.
- Where events are client training sessions, assess instructional effectiveness and summarise evaluation reports determining the impact of the raining on clients’ skillsets and how it affects their KPIs.
- Improve: Actively seek new ideas on how we can improve our corporate events and training offering, reach new markets, and develop quality leads in the process.
Qualifications and Experience
Mandatory (and minimum) skills requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English, other languages are advantageous).
- Excellent administration skills, organisational ability and project and time management skills, with proven experience in coordinating multiple events in a corporate setting.
- Excellent work ethic: get-things-done attitude and delivering positive results beyond expectations.
- Solid proficiency in computer literacy and Microsoft Office 2013.
- Customer-centric sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
- Ability to travel to work and to clients (we are situated near Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg).
- Event management qualification.
- Interviewing experience (to conduct assessments with clients).
- Knowledge of and experience in WordPress.
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Knowledge of and experience in Office 365 (SharePoint Online).