Cyber Security Analyst
Applications close on 15 February 2021
We’re looking to expand our team with a vibrant technical individual who can work within our SOC (Security Operations Centre) to proactively identify, investigate and resolve technical incidents and problems and to restore service to clients by managing incidents throughout its response lifecycle. This way, you can help our business achieve sustainable growth and strengthen our position in the market as an IT Governance & Architectural Services Consultancy.
Important things to know about this role
You will work closely with our Security Architects, SOC Engineer and other security team members to secure cloud and on-premise, IT and OT infrastructures for our company and our SOC clients. Here’s how:
- Provide client support on SIEM solutions (installations/upgrades/designs & configurations)
- Assist the security sales/renewals team members with technical advice from within the SOC and identify sales opportunities (cross-sell, up-sell)
- Monitor/review alerts/logs/events from SIEMS, AV, EDR and various enterprise security tools and other systems (incl Syslog) to determine relevancy and urgency of those events
- Manage clients with SOC service level agreements (daily, weekly, monthly support & health checks)
- Ensure technical support cases are resolved within our call logging matrix
- Fully manage and investigate incidents as part of our incident response process
- Reverse engineer malware during incidents
- Provide intrusion prevention services by monitoring network traffic to detect potential threats and then responding to these threats promptly
- Conduct forensic investigations that will aid in the prevention of crime through the collection, analysis, and reporting of data and create evidence in the event of a breach
- Assign/escalate alerts & cases to technical teams for review/response
- Provide threat and vulnerability analyses, and security advice
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Train company staff on better security protocols and regularly communicate with executive leadership
Some after-hours might be required in this position.
- CompTIA N+, A+ or similar qualification
- Security vendor and other relevant qualifications/certifications
- CySA+, ECSA, GCIH, or similar
- Certified Ethical Hacking qualification
- Minimum 3-years’ experience as a Security Administrator/Analyst, preferably in a SOC environment or medium-to-large organisation
- Knowledge of Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTP) of adversaries
- Advances endpoint security experience in Kaspersky, Sophos, Symantec, ESET, McAfee, Microsoft Defender ATP
- Advanced firewall experience in SonicWall, Barracuda, Forcepoint, Cisco, Fortigate or Sophos XG
- Governance Framework Knowledge (COBIT 2019, ISO 27001, ITIL, etc.)
- SIEM experience in Splunk, Phantom and Sentinel
- Network security and management solutions experience
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced networking skills including mail security, network security and firewalls
- Ability to recommend solutions to identified threats
- Solid understanding of general security and networking principles and technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle confrontation when necessary
- Ability to create accurate architectural designs for customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills (English, other languages are advantageous)
- Excellent work ethic: energetic, get-things-done attitude and take responsibility to deliver positive results beyond expectations
- Solid proficiency in computer literacy and Microsoft Office stack
- Customer-centric sales skills and ability to build productive, growth-focused business relationships
- Ability to travel to work and to clients with reliable transport (we are situated near Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg)
The kind of people we hire in the A-Team
Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
Have a keen attention to detail and pride in delivering high-quality work, fast.
Seek growth in their technical abilities, analytical and creative entrepreneurial thinking, as well as communication and business relationship building skills.
Are excited by the opportunities made possible by the world of technology.
Want to make their mark in the technology and business world by building long-term business relationships.