Important things to know about this role
Department: I&T Governance
AA/EE: Not Applicable
Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng.
Contract type: Permanent
Life of a Junior IT Manager:
You will work closely with the IT Manager to deliver this value-add. Here’s how:
Junior IT Manager’s responsibilities.
- Provide input for strategic IT planning, including technical guidance and application support for all locations, to ensure alignment with business needs.
- Create, implement and manage the IT Operations policies and processes for core services, including but not limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, Release and Deployment Management, to identify, remediate and resolve all operational incidents, within established service levels, to ensure optimal business benefit.
- Manage and develop the IT Operations team to ensure efficient and effective operations and excellent customer service.
- Develop, communicate, and enforce company IT policies, standards and procedures, to the IT operations team, to ensure alignment and consistency.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of availability, performance, compliance and costs of applications and infrastructure in production, including support in the event of interruptions in service (restoration of service) and break/fix support in the event of outright service failures to meet availability, performance and communication commitments.
- Manage the coordination, setup, maintenance and/or teardowns of business/technology projects, with the IT Operations team, to realize project objectives.
- Manage user satisfaction requirements and oversee the management of application-specific production support processes, coordinating the involvement of business and/or IT development resources in problem resolution as necessary.
- Assist with the financials, (including budgeting, cost analysis and forecasting) for SLA’s, for each service, to ensure suitable investments are made.
- Provide guidance to Business Unit management to determine future IT needs at the location, enterprise initiatives, budgets, forecasts, licensing and asset rotation to ensure profitability and alignment with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Provide overall planning and coordination for service transition activities to ensure that new or changed services are built, tested, and deployed into production as per the business requirements, with minimum risk and impact to business services.
- Qualification in Information Technology or Certification in any of the following: COBIT 2019, ISO 27001 and/or ITIL etc. will be an added advantage.
- ± 10 years progressive experience in IT.
- Good background knowledge of IT Governance, Infrastructure, Information Security and/or IT Operations Management.
- Knowledge of IT best practices, policies and regulations.
- Extensive Microsoft Active Directory knowledge.
- Hand-on VMWare management/maintenance.
- Hand-on Veeam knowledge.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, network installation and computer hardware/software systems.
Skills & Competencies
Mandatory (and minimum) skills requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English, other languages are advantageous).
- Excellent work ethic: energetic, get-things-done attitude and take responsibility to deliver positive results beyond expectations.
- Solid proficiency in computer literacy and Microsoft Office 2016, Office 365 and beyond.
- Customer-centric sales skills and ability to build productive, growth-focused business relationships.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Advanced leadership and conflict management skills.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to grow with the Company.
- Assertive and flexible.
- Deadline driven.
- Ambitious and energetic.
- Knowledge of Service Provider contract management and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license absolutely essential.
- Ability to travel to work and to clients (we are situated near Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg).