Junior Software Developer
Applications close on 30 October 2020
We are looking for a young, dynamic software developer who can integrate cross-platform applications to streamline the new way we deploy, manage and secure technology solutions for our clients; and strengthen our position in the market as an IT Governance & Architectural services consultancy.
Important things to know about this role
You will work closely with the Infrastructure Practice’s Solution Architects and Consultants to deliver A-Quality services to our clients. Here’s how:
- Research, design, test and track the success of new solutions (e.g. application integrations and process automation).
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing solutions.
- Identify areas for modification in existing solutions and develop these changes.
- Write and implement efficient, secure code.
- Integrate solutions and third-party applications.
- Create technical documentation for referencing and reporting.
- Identify opportunities where application development may boost the A-Team’s productivity (efficiency & efficacy).
- BSc qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a similar field.
- Vendor certifications are an advantage (e.g. Microsoft, Amazon, etc.)
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping frameworks.
- Knowledge of and working experience in a Security Operation Centre (SOC).
- Knowledge of Governance frameworks (COBIT 2019, ISO 27001, ITIL).
- SIEM experience using Splunk or Sentinel is an advantage
- Network security and management solutions
- Azure Functions, Blazor, PowerShell knowledge and working experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to learn new coding languages and technologies.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English, other languages are advantageous).
- Excellent work ethic: energetic, get-things-done attitude and take responsibility to deliver positive results beyond expectations.
- Solid proficiency in computer literacy and Microsoft Office stack.
- Understanding of general security and networking principles.
- General knowledge of common networking and security protocols.
- Team player, ability to work in a team and get along well with Leadership.
- Ability to identify & recommend solutions to improve efficiency.
The kind of people we hire in the A-Team
Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
Have a keen attention to detail and pride in delivering high-quality work, fast.
Seek growth in their technical abilities, analytical and creative entrepreneurial thinking, as well as communication and business relationship building skills.
Are excited by the opportunities made possible by the world of technology.
Want to make their mark in the technology and business world by building long-term business relationships.