Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Applications close on 15 December 2020
We’re looking to expand our team with a vibrant, technical individual who can maintain, implement and design intelligent security solutions for our clients and form part of our Next-Generation SOC to help our business achieve sustainable growth and strengthen our position in the market as an IT Governance & Architectural Services Consultancy.
Important things to know about this role
You will work closely with our Security Practice’s Architects and other team members to deliver A-quality security services to clients. Here’s how:
- Provide client support on security solutions (installations, upgrades & configurations)
- Assist the security sales/renewals team members with technical advice
- Do architectural designs and provide scoping information for new solutions
- Give pre-sales advice on technical opportunities (upselling)
- Project manage technical solutions (follow strict governance frameworks and policies)
- Manage clients with service level agreements (daily, weekly, monthly support & health checks)
- Ensure technical support cases are resolved within our call logging matrix
- Provide support services for our own internal security solutions
- Analyse critical logs in the SOC (Security Operations Centre) and provide remediation support
- Manage and investigate incidents as part of our incident response process
- CompTIA N+ & A+ qualification
- Security vendor certifications
- Certified Ethical Hacking qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a more senior role
- Vulnerability management experience
- Advanced endpoint security experience in Kaspersky, Sophos, Symantec, ESET, McAfee, Microsoft Defender ATP
- Advanced firewall experience in SonicWall, Barracuda, Forcepoint, Cisco, Fortigate or Sophos XG
- Knowledge of and working experience in a Security Operation Centre (SOC).
- Governance framework knowledge (COBIT 2019, ISO 27001, ITIL etc).
- Advanced mail security experience
- SIEM experience in Splunk and Sentinel
- Network Security and management solutions experience
- Management or senior engineer experience
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced networking skills, including mail security, network security and firewalls
- Solid understanding of general security and networking principals and technologies such as: Switching, Routing and the OSI model; Firewalls, VPN, Anti-Virus and Content Filtering; Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Strong general knowledge of common networking and security protocols and applications such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS, IPsec, PKI, OSPF, RIP, VLANs, SSL
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability and competence to write technical material for training, white papers using applications such as PowerPoint, Word and Visio
- Ability to create accurate architectural designs for customers
- Ability to recommend solutions to these threats identified
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle confrontation when necessary
- Team player, able to work in a team and get along well with leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills (English, other languages are advantageous)
- Excellent work ethic: energetic, get-things-done attitude and take responsibility to deliver positive results beyond expectations
- Solid proficiency in computer literacy and Microsoft Office stack
- Customer-centric sales skills and ability to build productive, growth-focused business relationships
- Ability to travel to work (with reliable transport) and to clients, domestically and internationally if needed (we are situated near Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg).
The kind of people we hire in the A-Team
Live and breathe our values. If you don’t believe in them, we are probably not the right team for you.
Have a keen attention to detail and pride in delivering high-quality work, fast.
Seek growth in their technical abilities, analytical and creative entrepreneurial thinking, as well as communication and business relationship building skills.
Are excited by the opportunities made possible by the world of technology.
Want to make their mark in the technology and business world by building long-term business relationships.