Check Point Security Engineering R77 (CC-CCSE)
This course is an advanced course that teaches you how to effectively build, modify, deploy and troubleshoot Check Point Security systems on the GAIA OS.
Certified Training Course
R 12 900 p.p. (Excl. VAT)
Classroom-based, Instructor-led with emphasis on hands-on exercises
Start time: 09:00 (Registration will commence at 08:30 on the first day)
We recommend that students have a woking knowledge of multiple disciplines related to network security activities including:
- UNIX operating systems
- Windows operating systems
- Certificate management
- System administration
- Networking (TCP/IP) knowledge
- Check Point Security Administration course knowledge or a CCSA Certification.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server using your understanding of the differences between backups, snapshots and update-exports
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management Server using a database migration
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered Security Gateway deployment Use knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructures, chain modules, packet flow and kernel tables to perform debugs on firewall processes
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL High Availability deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test and troubleshoot a management HA deployment on an enterprise network
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration solutions on the corporate network traffic to ensure noted performance enhancement
- Using an external user database such as LDAP, configure User Directory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for Remote Access or across a VPN
- Troubleshoot user access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based VPN on a corporate gateway using IKE View, VPN log files and command-line debug tools
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and Multiple Entry Point solutions
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels to allow for greater monitoring and scalability with multiple tunnels defined in a community including other VPN providers
- Create events or use existing event definitions to generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent to provide industry compliance information to management
- Troubleshoot report generation given command-line tools and debug- file information
Exam & Certifications
- This course helps prepare for CCSE exam #156-315.77 .
- The exam contains 90 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions.
- The required passing score is 70% or higher in 120 minutes.
- The exam is based on 80% course materials and 20% hands-on experience with Check Point products.
- Students must have a valid CCSA certification before challenging the CCSE exam.