Cloud & Datacenter Monitoring with System Center Operations Manager (NE-10964)
This course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
Certified Training Course
R 9 400 p.p. (Excl. VAT)
Classroom-based, Instructor-led with emphasis on hands-on exercises.
Start time: 09:00 (Registration will commence at 08:30 on the first day)
Before attending this course, students must have a working knowledge:
- One or more years’ experience in the design and implementation of System Center Operations 2007 R2 or System Center 2012 Operations Manager is desired.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Internet Information Services
- Plan for the deployment of System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including:
- Defining hardware and software requirements.
- Describing security considerations.
- Architect a highly available System Center and Microsoft SQL Server platform utilising Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- Planning for migration and upgrade scenarios to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Customise the Operations Console with User Roles.
- Perform different methods of Agent deployment with System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Implement key Management Pack concepts and elements including Management Packs Templates.
- Configure Notifications, Reporting, and Service Level Tracking in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure the following:
- Audit Collection Services.
- Agentless Exception Monitoring.
- Operations Manager SharePoint Web Part in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure Application Performance Monitoring and Network Device monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure dashboards and widgets in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Describe how to use new cloud-based features including System Center Global Service Monitor and System Center Advisor.
- Configure integration between System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and other System Center 2012 R2 components.
- Troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group.
- Perform disaster recovery in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
Exam & Certifications
There are no exams or certifications associated with this course.
1. Overview and Architecture
- Overview of Operations Manager
- Overview of Key Features in Operations Manager
- Overview of Core Components and Topology
- Addressing Cloud and Datacenter Issues by Using Operations Manager
- Planning and Sizing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
Lab: Using the System Center 2012 Operations Manager Sising Helper Tool
- Calculate the hardware requirements for Contoso's Management Group
- Create a Visio diagram of the proposed Management Group design
2. Deploying a new System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group
- Overview of Security Considerations
- Designing the Management Group
- Installing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Configuring Operations Manager Default Settings
- Deploying the Operations Manager Agent
- Configuring Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM)
- Configuring Audit Collection Services
Lab: Installing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and Deploying Agents
- Installing a new System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group
- Installing and Configuring the Gateway Server
- Installing the Operations Manager Agent
- Configuring Active Directory Integration
- Installing and Configuring Audit Collection Services (ACS)
- Configuring Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM)
3. Upgrading Operations Manager
- Overview of Migration and Upgrade Planning
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Migrating to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
Lab: Upgrading to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Preparing the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Environment for Upgrade
- Upgrading the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Group to System Center 2012 Operations Manager
- Upgrading the System Center 2012 Operations Manager Management Group to System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager
- Upgrading the System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager Management Group to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
4. Configuring Fabric and Application Monitoring
- Introduction to Management Packs
- Configuring Network Device Monitoring
- Configuring Fabric Monitoring
- Configuring Application Monitoring
Lab: Configuring Application and Fabric Monitoring
- Installing the System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Operating System
- Installing and configuring the System Center Management Pack for SQL Server
- Installing the System Center 2012 Management Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Internet Information Service 8
- Installing and configuring the System Center Management Pack for SharePoint Server 2013
- Configuring Network Monitoring
- Configuring integration between Operations Manager and Virtual Machine Manager
- Using the System Center Management Pack for VMM
5. Application Performance Monitoring
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Using IntelliTrace
- Team Foundation Server Integration
Lab: Monitoring .NET Framework Applications
- Monitoring .NET Applications
- Using IntelliTrace
- Configuring TFS Integration
6. End to End Service Monitoring
- Management Pack Templates
- Distributed Application Models
- Global Service Monitor
- Real-time Visio Dashboards
Lab: Configuring End to End Service Monitoring
- Configure Agent Locations for the Summary Dashboard
- Configuring Synthetic Transactions
- Create a Distributed Application Diagram for DinnerNow
- Creating a Visio Diagram of the Distributed Application
7. Scorecards, Dashboards and Reporting
- Configuring and Managing Reporting in Operations Manager
- Configuring Service Level Tracking
- Configuring the Operations Manager SharePoint WebPart
- Configuring Dashboards and Widgets
- Creating Custom Dashboards
Lab: Configuring Reporting, Dashboards and Service Level Tracking
- Design a custom report
- Scheduling Reports
- Configure Service Level Tracking for DinnerNow
- Configure an Alert Dashboard
- Configure a Performance Dashboard
- Configure a Summary Dashboard
- Configure an SLA Dashboard and add Publish the Dashboard to SharePoint
- Use the GTM Tool to Publish a Custom Dashboard
8. Configuring and Customising the Console
- Security, Scoping and User Roles
- Creating Custom Views and Alert Resolution States
- Configuring Notification Subscriptions
- Creating Diagnostic and Recovery Tasks
Lab: Customising the Operations Console
- Creating User Roles and Importing the Active Directory Management Pack
- Creating Custom Resolution States
- Creating Custom Views
- Configuring Notifications
- Configuring Diagnostic and Recovery Tasks
9. Management Pack Authoring
- Management Packs Authoring Concepts
- Authoring Management Packs by using the Operations Console
- Authoring Management Packs by using the Visual Studio Authoring Extensions
Lab: Authoring Management Packs
- Creating a Management Pack in the Operations Console
- Authoring a Management Pack using the Visual Studio Authoring Extensions
10. Integrating Operations Manager with Other System Center Components
- Services Manager Integration Data Protection Manager Integration
- Orchestrator Integration
Lab: Configuring System Center Integration
- Configure Service Manager Integration with Operations Manager
- Configure Operations Manager Integration with Data Protection Manager
- Configure Orchestrator Integration
- Implement Automatic Web Site Restart and Create an Incident if it Fails
11. Troubleshooting, Tuning and Disaster Recovery
- Troubleshooting Operations Manager Core Components
- Tuning Management Packs
- Configuring SQL AlwaysOn for Operations Manager
- Configuring Data Retention in Operations Manager
- Disaster Recovery in Operations Manager
Lab: Troubleshooting Operations Manager
- Troubleshooting an Agent installation failure in Operations Manager
- Recovering from a Management Server failure
- Recovering from an Operational database failure