SonicWall Network Security Advanced Administration (NSAA)
This course is intended for IT professionals who need to advance their designing, implementing and troubleshooting skills in SonicWall Network Security Appliances running SonicOS firmware.
Certified Training Course
R 14 195 p.p. (Excl. VAT)
Classroom-based, Instructor-led with emphasis on hands-on exercises
Start time: 09:00 (Registration will commence at 08:30 on the first day)
- An Active CSSA Certification in SonicOS (can be obtained after completion of the NSBA course)
General networking knowledge and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of networking concepts, network topologies, and the OSI model of networking protocol stacks
- Understanding of TCP/IP, network addressing, subnets, and Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Knowledge of basic router concepts
- Familiarity with IPSec functionality and implementation
Preparation: Online Training
The NSAA course requires the prior completion of several e-Learning courses, which cannot be substituted by the classroom-based training.
Advanced networking and security with SonicOS (~8 hrs. online course) This 8 module online training was designed by industry leading networking experts to utilize advanced features of Dell’s Network Security products. Most modules consist of three parts
- A lecture portion that deals with the theory involved with a specific subject.
- A demonstration on how to configure the feature using SonicOS.
- An end-of-module quiz preparing you for taking the comprehensive end-of course quiz.
Periodically the student will be provided with the opportunity to prove their mastery of previous subjects through a series of built-in quizzes. Overview of all 7 modules
The Network Security Advanced Administration (NS-202) course builds on the skills learned in Dell’s Network Security Basic Administration (NS-102) course and teaches the student the latest information on Application Control, Bandwidth Management, troubleshooting, advanced networking and more. This course uses extensive labs to reinforce key concepts covered during the lecture portion of the class.
Exam & Certifications
This NS-202 course culminates with the CSSA Certification exam for Network Security. While this exam is not a part of the class, you will have access to it online via your personal work MySonicWALL account.
All Dell SonicWALL Certifications are valid for two (2) years from the date that you pass the exam.
1. Course Introduction
- Course overview
2. SonicOS Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshooting Overview
- System Backup & Restore
- Diagnostic Tools
- Packet Capture
- Third Party Tools
3. Course Networking
- Advanced Routing
4. Network Monitoring and Optimisation
- Application Intelligence
- Application Control
- Bandwidth Management
- Content Filtering Services via App Rules
- Regular Expressions
5. Appflow Reporting and Wire Mode
- Appflow Reporting
- GMS Overview
- Wire Mode
- Tap Deployment
- Inline Deployments
- VOIP Overview
- SIP Transformation
7. High Availability Deployment
- Advanced High Availability
- Active/Passive vs Active/Active
- A/A Cluster
- HA Configuration