Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.0 for Linux: Administration (HA0411)
This 5-day course teaches the IT professional how to install, configure, and maintain Veritas InfoScale Storage environments, including Volume Manager (VxVM), File System (VxFS), and Cluster File System (CFS).
Certified Training Course
R 19 610 p.p. (Excl. VAT)*
*Pricing may be subject to change due to exchange rate volatility.
Classroom-based, Instructor-led with emphasis on hands-on exercises.
Start time: 09:00 (Registration will commence at 08:30 on the first day)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course is as follows:
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Linux systems administration
At the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Create, configure, and manage disks, disk groups, and volumes.
- Administer file systems.
- Manage components in the VxVM architecture.
- Manage multiple paths to disk devices.
- Identify types of disk failures and how to resolve them.
- Describe concepts and components specific to Veritas Replicator, and Veritas File Replicator.
- Configure a CFS cluster according to a specified sample design.
- Configure shared disk groups and volumes.
- Configure shared file systems.
- Share local disks among systems in a cluster.
Exam & Certifications
Storage Foundation: Basics
1. Virtual Objects
- Operating system storage devices and virtual data storage
- Volume Manager storage objects
- VxVM volume layouts and RAID levels
2. Creating a Volume and File System
- Preparing disks and disk groups for volume creation
- Creating a volume and adding a file system
- Displaying disk and disk group information
- Displaying volume configuration information
- Removing volumes, disks, and disk groups
3. Working with Volumes with Different Layouts
- Volume layouts
- Creating volumes with various layouts
- Allocating storage for volumes
4. Making Configuration Changes
- Administering mirrored volumes
- Resizing a volume and a file system
- Moving data between systems
- Renaming VxVM objects
Storage Foundation: Managing Devices
6. Dynamic Multi-Pathing
- Managing components in the VxVM architecture
- Discovering disk devices
- Managing multiple paths to disk devices
7. Dynamic Multi-Pathing for VMware
- DMP in a VMware ESX/ESXi environment
- Managing DMP for VMware
- Performance monitoring and tuning
8. Resolving Hardware Problems
- How does VxVM interpret failures in hardware?
- Recovering disabled disk groups
- Resolving disk failures
- Managing hot relocation at the host level
Storage Foundation: Cluster File System (CFS)
9. Cluster File System (CFS) Architecture
- CFS overview
- CFS architecture
- CFS communication
10. Cluster Volume Manager (CVM)
- VxVM and CVM overview
- CVM concepts
- CVM configuration
11. Cluster File System
- Cluster File System concepts
- Data flow in CFS
- Group Lock Manager
- Administering CFS
12. Flexible Storage Sharing (FSS)
- Understanding Flexible Storage Sharing
- FSS storage objects
- FSS case study
- FSS configuration
- FSS limitations
13. Disaster Recovery Overview
- Disaster recovery
- Benefits of a disaster recovery solution
- Disaster recovery concepts
- Veritas disaster recovery technology overview
14. Veritas File Replicator
- Understanding Veritas File Replicator
- Setting up replication for a Veritas file system
- Error recovery with Veritas File Replicator
15. Veritas Volume Replicator
- Defining replication
- Replication options and technologies
- Veritas Volume Replicator overview
16. Veritas Volume Replicator Components
- Comparing volume replication and volume management
- Volume Replicator components
- Volume Replicator data flow