Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Advanced Administration (DP0135)
This 4-day course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
Certified Training Course
R 16 960 p.p. (Excl. VAT)*
*Pricing may be subject to change due to exchange rate volatility.
Classroom-based, Instructor-led with emphasis on hands-on exercises. At the start of class students will choose between Windows-based or Linux-based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
Start time: 09:00 (Registration will commence at 08:30 on the first day)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course is as follows:
- General network and storage concepts,
- Administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems
- Three years’ experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation.
These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
At the end of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks, tuning NetBackup buffers, and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancing features.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimised duplication, Auto Image Replication, and MSDP catalog protection policies.
- Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database recovery.
- Configure, run, and manage backups for applications running in virtual machines.
- Configure accelerator for VMware virtual machines.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment is secure using encryption, auditing, authentication, and authorisation.
Exam & Certifications
There is no unique exam for this course as part of the Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification that counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Data Protection. See the exam associated with the Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Administration (DP0134) course.
1. NetBackup Concepts
- Understanding the NetBackup environment
- Using NetBackup Administrative interfaces
- Using NetBackup in an enterprise environment
2. Improving NetBackup Performance
- NetBackup performance overview
- Isolating bottlenecks
- Addressing bottlenecks
- Tuning NetBackup buffers
- Tuning NetBackup deduplication
- Network Resiliency
3. Disaster Recovery Strategies and Auto Image Replication
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Introduction to Auto Image Replication
- Configuring Auto Image Replication
- Monitoring Auto Image Replication
- Managing and maintaining Auto Image Replication
- Protecting the NetBackup infrastructure
- Protecting the MSDP catalog
4. Application Backup Concepts
- Understanding application needs
- Database backup and restore concepts
- Customising generic application backups
5. Managing Oracle Backups with Intelligent Policies
- Introduction to the Oracle database
- Configuring NetBackup for Oracle with Intelligent Policies
- Managing Oracle database backups
- Oracle database disaster recovery considerations
6. Managing Microsoft SQL Backups with Intelligent Policies
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server
- Configuring SQL Server Intelligent Policies
- Using the NetBackup Microsoft SQL Client console
- Monitoring SQL Server database backups
- SQL Server and VMware backups
- SQL Server disaster recovery considerations
7. Managing Microsoft SharePoint Backups
- Introduction to Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint policies
- Monitoring SharePoint backups
- SharePoint disaster recovery considerations
8. Managing Microsoft Exchange Backups
- Introduction to Microsoft Exchange Server
- Configuring NetBackup for Exchange
- Exchange and high availability environments
- Monitoring and maintaining Exchange database backups
- Exchange disaster recovery considerations
9. Enhancing Virtual Machine Protection
- Protecting virtual machines with applications
- Using NetBackup Accelerator for VMware
10. Securing the NetBackup Environment
- Understanding security concerns in a backup environment
- Auditing NetBackup
- Securing NetBackup with NBAC
- Securing NetBackup using encryption
11. Trends in Enterprise Backups
- Using the cloud with NetBackup
- Using NetBackup with big data environments
- Using NetBackup Self Service