Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Maintenance & Troubleshooting (DP0136)
This 4-day course provides the IT professional with problem solving skills related to the NetBackup 7.7 database, devices, media, disk, deduplication, networking, backups, and restores.
Certified Training Course
R 16 960 p.p. (Excl. VAT)*
*Pricing may be subject to change due to exchange rate volatility.
Classroom-based, Instructor-led with emphasis on hands-on exercises. At the start of class students will choose between Windows-based or Linux-based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
Start time: 09:00 (Registration will commence at 08:30 on the first day)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course is as follows:
- General network and storage concepts
- Administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems
- Three years’ experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation.
These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
At the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Detect problems using tools such as the NetBackup reports, NBSU, and administrative commands.
- Correct problems and verify these corrections.
- Understand the functions of services, daemons, and processes that drive NetBackup operations.
- Rapidly and accurately isolate the root cause of a backup failure.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of tape device, media, disk, deduplication, and communication-related problems.
- Run backups and restores with a higher rate of success and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot Storage Lifecycle policies (SLP) and Auto Image Replication.
- Enable and use legacy, unified, and robust logging to troubleshoot problems.
- Back up, recover, and troubleshoot the NetBackup catalog, including the NBDB database.
Exam & Certifications
1. Troubleshooting Methods and Tools
- Troubleshooting situations and methodology
- Gathering symptoms and information
- Additional troubleshooting resources
2. NetBackup Process Flow
- Core process functions
- Backup process flow
- Tape restore process flow
- Disk restore process flow
- Viewing process flow information
3. Troubleshooting Communication Issues
- Understanding NetBackup communication
- Configuring NetBackup and network communication
- Troubleshooting network and NetBackup communication problems
- Common NetBackup communication issues
4. Troubleshooting Tape Devices and Media
- NetBackup device troubleshooting
- Common NetBackup device issues
- Media and device selection
- Media-related status codes
- Troubleshooting frozen and suspended media
5. Troubleshooting Disk Backups Resources
- Overview of disk-based backups
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting Basic Disk
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting Advanced Disk
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting OpenStorage
6. Troubleshooting NetBackup Deduplication
- Understanding NetBackup deduplication and deduplication process flow
- Maintaining and troubleshooting NetBackup deduplication
- Protecting the MSDP catalog
7. Additional Backup and Restore Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting file system backups
- Troubleshooting snapshot-based backups
- Troubleshooting VMware backups
- Troubleshooting Hyper-V backups
- Troubleshooting restores
8. Troubleshooting Storage Lifecycle Policies
- Understanding Storage Lifecycle Policies process flow
- Troubleshooting Storage Lifecycle Policies
- Troubleshooting data classification
- Understanding Auto Image Replication process flow
- Troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
9. Debug Logging
- Introduction to Logging Assistant
- Enabling debug logs
- Viewing debug logs
- Log management
- Capturing debug logs
10. Understanding the NetBackup Databases
- The NetBackup catalog
- The NetBackup relational databases (NBDB)
- Catalog backup and recovery
- Maintaining the NBDB