Personal Information Management Services
With which data protection regulation do you need to comply?
We will help you understand and successfully address the organisational impact of data protection regulations, such as South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act.
Our scope of Personal Information Management Services aims to identify organisations’ Protection of Personal Information Act no. 4 of 2013 (POPI), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act readiness gaps and build their collective competence in addressing these risks efficiently and effectively. The AVeS Cyber Security team consists of experts who are here to equip customers and clients to prove their ongoing data protection compliance to clients, auditors and regulators.
Who is affected by data regulations?
- The Protection of Personal Information Act (RSA): Organisations who decide why and how to process personal information (i.e. Responsible Party).
- The General Data Protection Regulation (EU): Organisations who controls the procedures and purpose of data usage, or who process data.
- The Data Protection Act (UK): Everyone responsible for using UK residents’ personal data.
Note: We are not lawyers and do not provide legal advice. For details on what each law includes or excludes, contact your legal advisor or refer to the law as published by its government.
The AVeS Team has been instrumental in the review and update of our ICT policies and procedures. Their combination of skills and experience makes the partnership with AVeS Cyber Security a good one for the IT department at Palabora
POPI Compliance Self-AssessmentAssess your organisation against the requirements in South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI).
- Access to online self-assessment tool
- Assistance throughout
- POPI Compliance Score and detailed findings report
Personal Information Protection Management PortalAssess, track and project manage your organisation’s privacy and personal information protect compliance journey for South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or the UK’s Data Protection Act.
- Data and Privacy Impact Assessments against POPI, GDPR or Data Protection Act requirement
- Access to an online management portal, audit-ready checklists and documentation (stakeholders, policies, checklists, etc.)
- Automated reporting, statistics, and integrated management reviews
- Compliance ‘policy packs’ for staff and suppliers
- And much more…
Managed Personal Information Protection ProjectHave your organisation’s POPI, GDPR or Data Protection Act compliance journey managed as a strategic project from the assessment phase to implementing the initial assessment findings’ requirements and proactively updating compliance reports to Regulators.
- POPI, GDPR or Data Protection Act Assessments and reports
- Plan, control and manage the implementation of POPI, GDPR or Data Protection Act compliance requirements and goals according to a standard IT project management approach
- Create, update and report on project documentation and Regulator-ready reporting (Project Schedule, Policies, Procedures, etc.)
- Manage project stakeholders, such as vendors, contractors, staff, and decision-makers
Recommended Service Pairings
Know what you want?
Find what you need to protect your small business or home against cyber criminals.